While Park Cities at Home Personal Assistants have a diverse range of experiences that allow them to support the unique needs of many client families, they also possess core skills that are critical across the board. This includes discretion, planning and coordination, oral and written communication, cordiality, technology literacy, flexibility, and adaptability. Typical duties of Personal Assistants include dealing with correspondence, scheduling, arranging travel, contractor liaising, running errands, event planning, residential technology support, and more.
Personal Assistant Roles and Responsibilities
We’ve never once seen two personal assistant jobs that are the same. Families have unique needs, and we match you with experienced candidates (emphasizing quality over quantity) that meet your requirements. We look for Park Cities at Home personal assistants to have excellent communication skills, a positive and proactive approach, technological skills, resourcefulness, and flexibility. Typical duties include scheduling, travel, vendor/contractor support, errands, event planning, and more. Personal assistants may have a combination of in-home and office experience, as well as formal education. Compensation for a personal assistant is typically paid $25+/hour for part-time or $75,000+/year for full-time (+ employer portion of payroll taxes) and benefits.
Our Screening Process
There are many in-home staffing candidates, but working with Park Cities at Home provides reassurance that each candidate you consider is qualified and experienced. The recruiting process begins by casting a wide net across many mediums, including print, web, and sourcing candidates directly. Each candidate then has to go through Park Cities at Home’s intensive screening process, eliminating most applicants. This ensures that our clients do not have to spend any time sifting through applications or worrying about qualifications. You can make one call and rest assured that we will quickly find you the best household staffing candidates for your needs.
- 1. Experience and pre-qualification review
- 2. Screening interview
- 3. References checked and former employment verified
- 4. Two-step background checks –
- a. Level 1 background check (pre-screening): Basic Identity Research (SSN issuance information and names associated with the SSN in consumer reference files), Multijurisdictional Criminal Records Database Search, and Driving History (driving record from the state in which the individual is licensed).
- Level 2 background check (run on the candidate when you make a job offer): US Department of Justice sex offender website search, DPS criminal record database, county criminal checks under all names in all counties associated with the person in the past seven years, and criminal searches under all names in each federal district associated with the person in the past seven years
- 5. Highest level of education verified
Also available per client’s request at an additional cost: 5-panel drug screening.
Why Park Cities Home?
Park Cities at Home has been serving clients since 1994, and our expert team provides comprehensive services for your home. Our benefits to you are:
- Personal Service: Park Cities at Home is known for being extremely responsive, providing excellent customer service, and our personalized matching.
- Expertise and Experience: Our veteran staff know the industry standards and can provide you with expectations for your position, minimizing miscommunication with your household employee.
- Exceptional Candidates: All candidates are have completed an extensive screening process. We also do customized recruiting for each position.
- Longevity of Placement: Our tried and true processes, including trial time, a household employment contract, and review forms forms, greatly increases the length of placements.
- Post-Placement Support: Our replacement guarantee, quarterly check-ins, and our ongoing availability for problem solving / coaching ensure that we will continue to stand by the success of your placement.
- Depth of Services: The agency places a range of household staff, giving you one call for all of your in-home staffing needs.
- Reduced Overall Cost of Employment: We save you money by reducing your time spent in screening, providing you with only qualified candidates, a proven household employment contract, and decreased chance of turnover.
To start your household staffing search, begin a client application.
To begin the search for any of our household staffing positions in the Dallas / Fort Worth area, there is a membership fee of $250.
When you hire household staff for your family, a referral fee of 20% of the candidate’s gross annual compensation* will be due. All referral fees are non-refundable and are due after an offer has been extended and accepted. All fees are payable by ACH, check or major credit card.
*Total Annual Gross Compensation is based on 52 weeks in a year.
**Credit card fees over $1,000 will be subject to a 3% third-party payment processing fee.
Replacement Guarantee/Discount Schedule:
Time After Initial Placement
After one year
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours or contact us at 214-823-9497.